Unlike commercial vehicles that are merely adapted to plow snow, the P-Series chassis are specially designed to attack the most severe winter conditions. Chock full of the muscle, durability, reliability, and value that come with 50 years of Oshkosh expertise, these snow chassis readily accept a range of plows, scrapers, bodies, de-icers, and brooms to help you respond with full force.
TAKE BACK THE RUNWAY.
LEGENDARY ALL-WHEELDRIVE COMPONENTS.
Superior durability comes from road-proven transfer case and the Oshkosh steering drive axle with closed-wheel end design and heat-treated alloy axle shafts. The steering axle’s adjustable tapered-roller trunnion bearings are engineered to easily handle the side loads encountered under severe snow-removal conditions.
ERGONOMICALLY-DESIGNED, EFFICIENT DASHBOARD.
Easy-to-reach controls are logically located on an instrument panel that’s easy to remove for repair or
replacement of gauges. A convenient touch-pad gear selector (automatic transmission) is at the driver’s fingertips. Side-window defrosters are integrated into the dash, and reset-type circuit breakers
are easily accessed from a panel on the dash’s right side.
COMFORTABLE, ROOMY CAB.
An air-ride driver’s seat delivers maximum comfort, while a flat floor provides comfortable accelerator
and brake pedal locations, and makes cleaning the cab very simple.
SMOOTHER RIDE, LESS COMPONENT STRAIN.
The P-Series and MPT-Series allow full front suspension travel, thanks to our from the-ground-up design emphasis. That same dedicated design provides greater clearance from the engine oil pan to the front axle bowl than competitive models and conversions. That means a smoother ride and less strain on major components over time.
Safety and productivity are enhanced with a reverse-slope windshield, top-mounted windshield
wipers, and optional side-window wipers. All dramatically reduce snow and ice build up, and help prevent wiper damage. Plus, a short hood means superior visibility from the driver’s seat.
ATTACHMENTS ARE EASILY ADDED.
Plows, dump spreaders and other equipment can be added quickly, without having to first move other components. Number- and color coded wiring harnesses and weatherproof electrical connectors assure easy identification and repair, as well as easy installation of dealer-installed lighting.
PROVEN CAB-MOUNTING SYSTEM.
We use a three-point system of attaching the cab to the vehicle with rubber mount cushions, so shocks, vibrations and torsional strains from roads are absorbed without transferring them to the cab.
SUPERIOR ENGINE-COOLING SYSTEM.
Our heavy-duty fin-and-tube-type radiator has a full 1,000 square inches of cooling area. Its steel
frame and tanks are bolted to a copper core for superior strength and longevity. Mounted above the
frame rails, the radiator location allows room for easy installation of a crankshaft-driven PTO.
FENDERS AND HOOD MAKE ACCESS EASY.
Engine access and equipment mounting are a cinch, thanks to cutaway fenders and a butterfly hood. Daily oil checks can be done from the ground through a small hatch in the hood. And the easy-to-remove fenders give quick, full accessibility for more extensive engine maintenance.
FRONT AXLE (P-SERIES):
Oshkosh 25K, single reduction with special heat treated alloy steel shafts and Oshkosh cage ring type steering ends
REAR AXLE (P-SERIES):
- 4 x 4, 23K - 38K available
- 6 x 6, 46K - 58K available
BRAKES AND SERVICE:
- Dual system, anti-lock, air operated mechanical
- Bostrom® Sierra Air 400RX driver seat and passenger seat
- Dual top mounted electric windshield wipers with intermittent speed control
- Fresh air type heater and defroster
- 3-point seat belts
- Tilt/telescoping steering column
- West Coast heated motorized mirrors
- Windshield washer
- Gauges, multiplex panel: fuel level, coolant temperature, dual air system pressure, voltmeter, speedometer, tachometer with engine hourmeter
- Air dryer
- Back-up alarm
- Crankshaft PTO adapter
- Single 50 gal (189 L) fuel tank under left door
- Heated fuel/water separator
- 2-ft (.6 m) integral frame extension at front for equipment mounting
- Rear frame mounted tow hooks (2)
- Radiator Core: Fin and tube type
- Fan: Temperature controlled clutch with engine mounted fan ring
- Alternator: 200A
- Lighting: 12 volt
- Starting: 12 volt
- Battery: (3) 12 volt, 950 CCA each @ 0°F [-18°C] (2,850 CCA total)
- Cummins ISX
- Displacement: 11.9 L
- Horsepower: 320 - 450 @ 2,100 rpm
- Governed rpm: 2,100
- Single formed channel made of carbon manganese steel, heat-treated
- Yield Strength: 120,000 psi [827 Mpa ] minimum
- RBM: 2,818,000 in-lb per rail
- Construction: Grade 8 bolts and locknuts
- Clearance and marker lights comply with federal regulations
- Fender height head lights with integral turn signals
- Rear-mounted stop/tail/turn signal lights with back up light
- Cab light bar for custom light installations
Sheppard XD120 integral hydraulic power gear
- Hotchkiss, semi-elliptic spring
- Rating: 25,000 lb [11,340 kg]
REAR (4X4) SUSPENSION:
- Hotchkiss, semi-elliptic spring
- Rating: 27,000 lb [12,247 mm]
REAR (6X6) SUSPENSION:
- Hendrickson® steel leaf spring, RT-460
- Rating: 46,000 lb [20,865 kg]
- Front: 395/85R20 - 20 ply
- Rear: 395/85R20 - 20 ply
- Oshkosh Smar-Shift electric over air control range shifter
- Model 55000: 2 speed 4x4, Dorr-Miller auto locking differential
- Ratios: 2.66:1 Low, 0.98:1 High, 6x6 Front axle disconnect
- 4 x 4 - 158 in. (4,013 mm)
- 6 x 6 - 175 in. (4,445 mm)
- Steel disc
- Front: 20 x 10 in. (508 x 254 mm)
- Rear: 20 x 10 in. (508 x 254 mm)
- Oshkosh ALL STEER® electronic all wheel steering system (26K, 46K, and 52K rear only)
- Integral A/C
- High output cab heater
- Heated windshield
- Power windows
- Side window wipers
- Cab air suspension
- Engine brake
- Engine block heater (120V or 240V)
- High idle/cruise control
- Various lighting packages
- Master battery disconnect at battery
- On-board battery charger (20 amp self regulating)
- Jump start lugs at battery box
- Four batteries for total 3800 CCA
- Pintle hook
- Single tank fuel capacity of 75, 100, and 120 gallons (284, 379, and 454 L), left side
- Controlled traction differential in rear axle
- Bevel gear differential in transfer case (4 x 4 only)
- Provisions for trailer electric